HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx
Share | 

first record of Sinomicrurus macclellandi on the Philippines?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mario Lutz
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts: 1401
Registration date: 2008-03-06

PostSubject: first record of Sinomicrurus macclellandi on the Philippines?   Thu 5 Feb - 11:46

well, few weeks back, we found this specimen, in the mountains of northern Mindoro, Philippines.

my Identification for it would be Sinomicrurus macclellandi ssp. but to my knowledge, it has never been described from the Philippines so far... the species normally occurs in south east asia, including Taiwan but not in the Philippines.

this specimen lacks the dots between the bands (except one), also seem the bands a bit more wide as in Sinomicrurus m. macclellandi...

as Taiwan and Mindoro have the same geological History, it might be possible to found them here as well... but after such a long period of beeing isolated, it could be also an new ssp. ???

any help would be appreciated... (what do you think Wolfgang?)

cheers
Mario

(ps.: i am still in PNG and might have difficulties to answer time-near, its always difficult to get my laptop online, but i will answer asap)[i]

Attitude, rather than disposition is more definitive of serpent behavior. From the moment they emerge into this world until they complete their life cycle, their attitude is "Don't tread on me. I am well equipped to defend myself, but content to pass through life unnoticed. I mean no harm to anything or anyone that our creator has not provided as my bill of fare; I am self sustaining and I like it that way, please pass me by." - W.E. Haast
Back to top Go down
http://www.herpaworld.com

first record of Sinomicrurus macclellandi on the Philippines?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1