HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Share | 

NO NICKNAMES !!!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jörg Porstmann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Thu 18 Sep - 15:22

Hello friends,

I´m tired of these guys that wants to registrate here and can´t read!!!
We got about 10-15 registration per week with "Hasimausi", "Sommercool", "Cobrapusher" or something else.
I don´t know why this happens, but what I know that I have to write too much mails for that.
Maybe they get to our board without seeing the portal page, where the registration rule is writen???

So again for all that got to our board without seeing the portal page first:

Dear Guests,
please follow our Board rules and register yourself with your whole name (first & family names!), registration requests with nicknames will not be accepted and therefor not activated in the future! our member agree it is on of the important differences between other boards and VenomLand, we know to whom we talking!

Thanks
VenomLand Team

The reason: With this rule we want to avoid insults of persons hiding behind strange names and provide real discussions about what we love.

I will delete all registrations with nicknames without any comments or mails and I promise to activate all other asap.

Let´s see if this posting help.

Thanks in common.
Best regards
Jörg Porstmann
VenomLand
Back to top Go down
http://www.pit-viper.de
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Thu 18 Sep - 16:17

I appreciate this rule a lot, Jörg - because this forum here is the only one I know where everybody is friendly and calm to the others!

But I have to admit that in my enthusiasm when registering to the board a couple of month ago, I did the same and used my all-over-the-net-name "centurio". So I think it is really not intentional from all the rule-violators but simply a matter of not reading the portal page first.

So, please don't be too angry on us rule-breakers and ex-rule-breakers Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Benjamin Tull
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Fri 19 Sep - 1:42

So on, some people couldn´t read. Let´s going on, the same way, we are going all the time cheers
Benjamin
Back to top Go down
Jörg Porstmann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 243

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Fri 19 Sep - 20:36

Hello Guenter,
I´m not angry at all. That´s way it is. But it´s boring when it is getting too much.

Stand at the moment: 4 normal and 2 nickname registration since this thread.

Regards Jörg
Back to top Go down
http://www.pit-viper.de

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Thu 15 Oct - 15:59

Be yourself. If your trying to play games don't waste anybodies time and b/s. Just find some where else to play games and waste time. Don't ruin our precious few minutes or hours that some of us look foward to on here each week.
Sincerely: Tj
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents

Male
Number of posts : 1416

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Thu 15 Oct - 18:40

thank you Timothy, ill got nothing more to say...

Attitude, rather than disposition is more definitive of serpent behavior. From the moment they emerge into this world until they complete their life cycle, their attitude is "Don't tread on me. I am well equipped to defend myself, but content to pass through life unnoticed. I mean no harm to anything or anyone that our creator has not provided as my bill of fare; I am self sustaining and I like it that way, please pass me by." - W.E. Haast
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1265

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Wed 21 Apr - 20:06

5 new registrations today - all of'em with funny nicks - last one "notslip0602286"

Sorry guys, im just tired of seeing my time wasted by people unable to read or to take our rules for serious!

I'll stop now sending e-mails, as Mario and Jörg did some time ago.....just kickin' uncorrect registrations.

Unbelievable!

Best regards

Peter

Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief

Male
Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Thu 3 Jun - 4:02

I think more forums should obtain this rule. It's good to know who you're discussion is with really. This keeps the troubleseakers out. That is why this forum is really good and makes it more serious. I congratulate the team for a great work.

“If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person's point of view and see things from that person's angle as well as from your own.” (Henry Ford)
Back to top Go down
PeterMagnusson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Thu 3 Jun - 5:19

Is it possible to change nickname? I made a mistake and forgot to have space between my first and last name, My name is not PeterMagnusson, its Peter Magnusson..

Best regards Peter
Back to top Go down
Rob Deans
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Thu 3 Jun - 15:06

I agree, it makes the person accountable for their comments. Provided of course that they have given their correct name.
Back to top Go down
Brett Franklin
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Thu 3 Jun - 16:53

You will find that some of the registration requests like "notslip0602286" may be from bots trying to register in order to spam the forums with advertising - they are not neccesarily real people.
Back to top Go down
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief

Male

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Fri 4 Jun - 1:43

[quote]Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~Dale Carnegie

This line is from Dale Carnegie's book - How to win friends and influence people. Good book, better than the title
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Fri 4 Jun - 2:03

It is also great being able to SEE the people you speak with too (via the avatar), like Jorg, Guenter and Bostjan for example. I would not be opposed to compulsory "self portrait" avatars , I think it will be great for the forum.
Back to top Go down
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief

Male

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Fri 4 Jun - 2:18

Nice hat Andrew. I agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Fri 4 Jun - 6:02

Thanks , It was very hot I had to improvise , Nice picnic blanket Smile
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Fri 4 Jun - 16:14

we just activated the account of Byron Locke, South Africa. Welcome here, Byron!
we deleted the accounts of Mr. (or Mrs?) 五步蛇 and lee nan, both of'em with e-mail "youabitch@...., and location "mars".
"funny" people, but registering this way is just a waste of time...
Peter

Hannes v Rooyen

Male
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Sat 24 Jul - 1:09

Sorry, I was a culprit as well. Landed on this site due to a search I did, and tried to register before I saw the homepage with the warning!
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Mon 16 Aug - 17:19

and it still goes on - 7 out of 10 people try to register here with fancy nicks.

Please don't waste our and your time with uncorrect registrations!

Only full and real names (first and family name) will be accepted.
It's interesting and sometimes important to know where other members live - so please declare your location correct - we won't activate accounts with locations like "dark side of the moon".

Thanks

Peter

Carlos Villalba

Male
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-11-26

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Fri 26 Nov - 19:22

hi guys im sorry to tell you that when got registred i cant change my name im using Karlos as nickname but im looking the way to change it to my complet name Carlos Villalba but its impossible to me in my profile ,its there anyway to change it ? i hope you can understand this .

thanks¡¡regards
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Fri 26 Nov - 19:52

done.

Carlos Villalba

Male
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-11-26

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Fri 26 Nov - 20:32

Thanks ¡¡
Back to top Go down
Rene Schenk
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Fri 26 Nov - 23:44

Hi Jörg,
it happend to me like to Guenter. Surfing on the page and i lost controll. Friendly people, knowing what they are talking about, and helpfull. I was to quick with registering and to blinded to read. Off course its anoying how you feel with these guys. I have a sugestion, would it be possible to have the rules (rolling letters) in RED. Maybe it can be seen bether!
Just my 5cents
Greetings Rene
Back to top Go down
Martin Romanov
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Sat 27 Nov - 3:51

Rene Schenk wrote:
Hi Jörg,
it happend to me like to Guenter. Surfing on the page and i lost controll. Friendly people, knowing what they are talking about, and helpfull. I was to quick with registering and to blinded to read. Off course its anoying how you feel with these guys. I have a sugestion, would it be possible to have the rules (rolling letters) in RED. Maybe it can be seen bether!
Just my 5cents
Greetings Rene
I think they should be blue and Bolded (I don't know if this is a word Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
http://terraristic.net
Alexander Ang

Male
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-12-08

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Thu 9 Dec - 16:28

I tried to use my regular nick which was lxdng79... but then I read the rule... and I was blown away by the professionalism and seriousness this board demanded...

If anyone out there is delving into keeping venomous animals... which demands serious safety measures and competency... it makes absolute sense that we should be upfront about who we are...

Anonymity online has always been a loophole that allowed irresponsibility in people... and I for one applaud Venomland's take on this regard...

Thank you guys (and gals)...
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents

Male
Number of posts : 1416

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   Thu 9 Dec - 22:07

Alexander Ang wrote:
I tried to use my regular nick which was lxdng79... but then I read the rule... and I was blown away by the professionalism and seriousness this board demanded...

If anyone out there is delving into keeping venomous animals... which demands serious safety measures and competency... it makes absolute sense that we should be upfront about who we are...

Anonymity online has always been a loophole that allowed irresponsibility in people... and I for one applaud Venomland's take on this regard...

Thank you guys (and gals)...

Thank you Alex, and welcome at VenomLand..

Attitude, rather than disposition is more definitive of serpent behavior. From the moment they emerge into this world until they complete their life cycle, their attitude is "Don't tread on me. I am well equipped to defend myself, but content to pass through life unnoticed. I mean no harm to anything or anyone that our creator has not provided as my bill of fare; I am self sustaining and I like it that way, please pass me by." - W.E. Haast
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NO NICKNAMES !!!   

Back to top Go down

NO NICKNAMES !!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next