HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Share | 

Natricinae image requests.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mike Spencer
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Natricinae image requests.    Sun 3 Jun - 15:28

Hey, everyone. I, along with another friend/herper, have been huge fans of Natricine snakes for years. Together, we are in the middle of making a website devoted strictly to Natricine snakes throughout the world and while looking through some past posts I've enjoyed here, I have seen some pics posted that we would love to use. I feel that the Natricine subfamily is extremely underlooked and underrated and there is very little public information out there compared to many other groups of snakes.

The site isn't up and running yet, as I want to compile quite a bit more information and some more images, but we would be greatly appreciative if anybody could submit some images, of various Natricines genera to the site. With any image we use, full credit will be given to the photographer on both the image and within the Contributors section. Copyrights will all be maintained by the respective owner as well.
I'd also like to point out that images on the site are locked, so they are not able to be copied and pasted or downloaded without the contributors permission.
Any and all images and information contributed are GREATLY appreciated.

Genera of interest are:

Adelophis
Afronatrix
Amphiesma
Amphiesmoides
Anoplohydrus
Aspidura
Atretium
Balanophis
Clonophis
Hologerrhum
Hydrablabes
Hydraethiops
Iguanognathus
Macropisthodon
Natrix
Nerodia
Opisthotropis
Parahelicops
Pararhabdophis
Regina
Rhabdophis
Seminatrix
Sinonatrix
Storeria
Thamnophis
Tropidoclonion
Tropidonophis
Virginia

Thanks alot,
Mike Spencer
http://www.michaelrayspencer.com

Feel free to post any images here, or PM me.
Back to top Go down
Eli Carleton
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Natricinae image requests.    Sun 3 Jun - 23:59

Common, but rarely seen. I find more Storeia dekayi than Storeia occipitomaculata. I don't really make it a habit of flipping over rocks though.. Hope this photo helps for whatever you want it for. I was surprised not to see Diadophis on your picture want list.

Eli
Back to top Go down
Mike Spencer
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Natricinae image requests.    Mon 4 Jun - 5:52

Eli Carleton wrote:

Common, but rarely seen. I find more Storeia dekayi than Storeia occipitomaculata. I don't really make it a habit of flipping over rocks though.. Hope this photo helps for whatever you want it for. I was surprised not to see Diadophis on your picture want list.

Eli

Thanks Eli. That's a pretty good shot. Occipitomaculata are supposedly common where I'm at, but in the almost two years I've lived here in their range, I've seen exactly zero. Plenty of dekayi though...

Diadophis isn't a natricine species, which is why they're not on the list... They are in the Xenodontinae subfamily of Colubridae as opposed to Natricinae.
Back to top Go down
Lennart Pettersson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Natricinae image requests.    Mon 4 Jun - 7:34

I have some Thamnophis shots up on my website you can use with copyright information:

www.minaxtarantulas.se/fieldherping

Look under "Canada"

Regards
Lelle
Back to top Go down
http://www.minaxtarantulas.se/svenskaherptiler/
Eli Carleton
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Natricinae image requests.    Mon 4 Jun - 10:56

Here is a Storeia occipitomaculata and another smaller Storeia occipitomaculata photo for you. I'm not that great of a photographer, but hope these are useful for your project.

Eli

Back to top Go down
Mike Spencer
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Natricinae image requests.    Mon 4 Jun - 11:41

Lennart Pettersson wrote:
I have some Thamnophis shots up on my website you can use with copyright information:

www.minaxtarantulas.se/fieldherping

Look under "Canada"

Regards
Lelle

Thanks Lelle. I'll check them out.
Back to top Go down
Andre Schmid
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Natricinae image requests.    Mon 4 Jun - 16:22

Hi Mike,

here a few Natrix pictures from me:

Natrix n. natrix SW Germany

Natrix n. helvetica SW Germany

Natrix n. astreptophora N Spain

Natrix n. astreptophora melanistic N Spain

Natrix n. cypriaca Cyprus

Natrix maura S France

Natrix maura N Spain

Natrix tesselata NE Italy

Back to top Go down
http://www.viperas.de/
Mike Spencer
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Natricinae image requests.    Tue 5 Jun - 1:52

Andre, those shots are excellent and I'd be glad to use them. Thanks for including the subspecies and country on the Natrix natrix.
Back to top Go down
Mike Spencer
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Natricinae image requests.    Sat 4 Aug - 11:15

I'm still lookin' for some Asian and African natricines, as well as various forms of North American gartersnakes (Thamnophis), if anybody has any.

Any and all contributions are greatly appreciated and full due credit will be given to all photographers, as well as shameless plugs to personal websites, etc. Haha
Back to top Go down
Daniel Revaj
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2011-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Natricinae image requests.    Sun 5 Aug - 4:13

Natrix natrix n.(Slovakia)

Natrix tessellata t. (Slovakia)

Natrix natrix n.(Czech republic)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Natricinae image requests.    

Back to top Go down

Natricinae image requests.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1