HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Share | 
 

 Bothrops leucurus.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thiago Rodrigues
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 61
Age : 36
Location : South America
Points : 2232
Registration date : 2011-10-19

PostSubject: Bothrops leucurus.   Thu 26 Apr - 8:45

Hi people!

This is my Bothrops leucurus(female), it has 4 years.Species exclusively joined in the state of the Bahia(Brazil). I bought it little time, very temperamental and dangerous, but she is calm currently in your cage.

Enjoy!

[img][/img]




[img][/img]


[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
Piero Moroni
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 261
Location : Groningen (NL)
Points : 2119
Registration date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops leucurus.   Thu 26 Apr - 21:00

It is a beautiful female that you have there, all my congratulations !
Best...
Back to top Go down
Arjan Breedveld
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 160
Age : 42
Location : Netherlands
Points : 2652
Registration date : 2010-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops leucurus.   Fri 27 Apr - 2:33

Nice animal thiago,
she eats well to I see.
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 512
Age : 62
Location : Toronto area, Canada
Points : 3698
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops leucurus.   Fri 27 Apr - 3:18

Good looking snake. Thanks for posting this, Mr. Rodrigues. I noticed that the snake's lips were slightly gapped. I wonder if that might be something to pay attention to... Could you please tell us a little more about this specimen? Is it wild caught? Could you show us the cage that you keep it in? Again, with thanks, Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Joel Power
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 135
Age : 29
Location : Eastern, Mississippi
Points : 2410
Registration date : 2011-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops leucurus.   Fri 27 Apr - 8:26

It looks kind of like Bothrops atrox but that sure is a pretty snake Smile Lanceheads always look bad Smile
Back to top Go down
Thiago Rodrigues
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 61
Age : 36
Location : South America
Points : 2232
Registration date : 2011-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops leucurus.   Fri 27 Apr - 8:50

Jon Davidson wrote:
Good looking snake. Thanks for posting this, Mr. Rodrigues. I noticed that the snake's lips were slightly gapped. I wonder if that might be something to pay attention to... Could you please tell us a little more about this specimen? Is it wild caught? Could you show us the cage that you keep it in? Again, with thanks, Sincerely, Jon Davidson .



Hi Jon!

It has 1 meter and 50 centimeters currently This species lives in the temperature and barren climate (Bahia, Alagoas and Ceará state, along the Atlantic coast). An aggressive snake, belonging to the species bothrops. If it feeds exclusively of rats. I bought the adult snake, but it is not collected, is been born in captivity. I go to photograph the cage and to post for you!


Sorry for my very bad english Neutral
Back to top Go down
Thiago Rodrigues
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 61
Age : 36
Location : South America
Points : 2232
Registration date : 2011-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops leucurus.   Fri 27 Apr - 9:21

Jon Davidson wrote:
Good looking snake. Thanks for posting this, Mr. Rodrigues. I noticed that the snake's lips were slightly gapped. I wonder if that might be something to pay attention to... Could you please tell us a little more about this specimen? Is it wild caught? Could you show us the cage that you keep it in? Again, with thanks, Sincerely, Jon Davidson .

Bothrops leucurus cage:


[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
Thiago Rodrigues
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 61
Age : 36
Location : South America
Points : 2232
Registration date : 2011-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops leucurus.   Fri 27 Apr - 9:33

Joel Power wrote:
It looks kind of like Bothrops atrox but that sure is a pretty snake Smile Lanceheads always look bad Smile

Bothrops species is pretty! Smile
Back to top Go down
Thiago Rodrigues
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 61
Age : 36
Location : South America
Points : 2232
Registration date : 2011-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops leucurus.   Fri 27 Apr - 9:45

Piero Moroni wrote:
It is a beautiful female that you have there, all my congratulations !
Best...

Thanks Piero!
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 512
Age : 62
Location : Toronto area, Canada
Points : 3698
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops leucurus.   Fri 27 Apr - 23:10

Thiago Rodrigues wrote:


Hi Jon!

It has 1 meter and 50 centimeters currently This species lives in the temperature and barren climate (Bahia, Alagoas and Ceará state, along the Atlantic coast). An aggressive snake, belonging to the species bothrops. If it feeds exclusively of rats. I bought the adult snake, but it is not collected, is been born in captivity. I go to photograph the cage and to post for you!


Sorry for my very bad english
Thank you for the additional information and photographs, Mr. Rodrigues. There's nothing quite like a big, mean Bothrops to command one's attention. By the way, I think your English language skills are just fine. I can understand you perfectly. Again, Thanks for posting this. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Thiago Rodrigues
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 61
Age : 36
Location : South America
Points : 2232
Registration date : 2011-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops leucurus.   Fri 27 Apr - 23:32

Jon Davidson wrote:
Thiago Rodrigues wrote:


Hi Jon!

It has 1 meter and 50 centimeters currently This species lives in the temperature and barren climate (Bahia, Alagoas and Ceará state, along the Atlantic coast). An aggressive snake, belonging to the species bothrops. If it feeds exclusively of rats. I bought the adult snake, but it is not collected, is been born in captivity. I go to photograph the cage and to post for you!


Sorry for my very bad english
Thank you for the additional information and photographs, Mr. Rodrigues. There's nothing quite like a big, mean Bothrops to command one's attention. By the way, I think your English language skills are just fine. I can understand you perfectly. Again, Thanks for posting this. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .

In the future I intend to catch a Bothrops leucurus male for reproduction with this female, but before necessary to make my Bothrops erythromelas (female) to also reproduce! It would be my first reproduction of bothrops, being born of 4 or 6 babys, facilitating the care with babys!

It has a good day Jon!
Back to top Go down
Mats Jonsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 149
Age : 51
Location : sweden
Points : 2426
Registration date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops leucurus.   Sat 28 Apr - 1:33

Hi Thiago!
very nice specimen!

Jon Davidson.

I think the small gap in the first pic is because of the toungeflicking.
reg
Mats
Back to top Go down
Thiago Rodrigues
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 61
Age : 36
Location : South America
Points : 2232
Registration date : 2011-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops leucurus.   Sat 28 Apr - 4:32

Thanks Mats!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Bothrops leucurus.   

Back to top Go down
 
Bothrops leucurus.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: VenomLand Forum :: Photography-
Jump to: