HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Share | 

New Baby Boiga dendrophila

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carlo Catalao

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: New Baby Boiga dendrophila   Mon 15 Aug - 17:05

I was at a Show a few weeks ago and picked up this CBB Malaysian Mangrove. So far he's been doing very well and hasn't refused a meal.

Back to top Go down
Marcello Devincenzi

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: New Baby Boiga dendrophila   Tue 23 Aug - 6:56

Too much moist!!!!
Warning blister disease!!!
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief

Male
Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: New Baby Boiga dendrophila   Sat 10 Sep - 14:26

nice baby, and I agree to much moist, perhaps you can add a few branches or something so he/she can clim up and feel more confotable,and good thing that it has not refused a meal. by the way how is it doing now??
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1264
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: New Baby Boiga dendrophila   Sat 10 Sep - 16:21

It's an arboreal, and it would need a high terrarium with branches to climb, and plants to hide.
Keeping on soaking it in that plastic box will kill it.
regards
Peter

Alex Forzudo
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: New Baby Boiga dendrophila   Sat 10 Sep - 17:28

Hello Carlo, I breed B.Dendrophila, as the other told you the substrate is too wet... Usually I keep the babies (and the adults when they have diseases or in quarantine for new speciements) in high plastic box with a couple of branches and pieces of cork bark for hidings, a soft substrate and a water bowl big enough for the animal. Under the base of the box I place a small heat pad or cable and I make some holes only on one side of the box, so the snake will have a dry side, and the opposite one will remain wet for the condensation.
So you'll give to this kind of snake all that it needs: branches, relative (but not too high) humidity for half of the box and warm.
Gook luck Smile !

Alex
Back to top Go down
Carlo Catalao

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Baby Boiga dendrophila   Sun 11 Sep - 16:04

I dried the substrate out a little. Thanks for the info. The dealer I got him from said he would be fine in a small tub for now. I plan to move him into a bigger tank when he gets a little bigger.
Back to top Go down
Mike Spencer
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: New Baby Boiga dendrophila   Mon 12 Sep - 14:58

Good looking baby. Like the others said, though, it's very important that you add something for it to climb on (as they are an arboreal species), something for it to hide in (they can stress easily in the open, which isn't good, especially for babies) and they need both temp and humidity gradients.

It's good that it's eating for you, though. That's a fair sign of a healthy snake. Dendrophila are great snakes to work with and a pretty fun envenomation as well! Haha

Back to top Go down
http://www.michaelrayspencer.com
Carlo Catalao

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Baby Boiga dendrophila   Mon 12 Sep - 16:22

I did have some branches in there for him but he never used them. He spends most of his time hiding under a pile of Terrarium Moss.
Back to top Go down
Dave Lasham

Male
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: New Baby Boiga dendrophila   Sat 26 Nov - 10:56

Is it dead yet ?
Back to top Go down
Carlo Catalao

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Baby Boiga dendrophila   Sat 26 Nov - 15:19

Dave Lasham wrote:
Is it dead yet ?
He's doing great. Still hasn't refused a meal, shedding good, and striking like crazy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Baby Boiga dendrophila   

Back to top Go down

New Baby Boiga dendrophila
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1