HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Share | 

Bad start on season 2011. *Strong Pictures*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Bad start on season 2011. *Strong Pictures*   Sat 11 Jun - 6:04

Today i came home and found this.

12 dead Vipera aspis francisciredi babys. All babys born was dead. Some hadn't developed right and one was stuck to it self.
All was found in their sack and with much yolk left.

A question that go through my mind is. Why did the female decide to give birth to early ? She was looking real good, and had feed like a champion for a very long time. She was hibernated by the books..

I was really really excited about this birth. Now i'm really really sad instead. Crying or Very sad

Regards
A not so happy Daniel
Back to top Go down
jean-henri pastore
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Bad start on season 2011. *Strong Pictures*   Sat 11 Jun - 7:26

Oh, shit.............................
I understand you Daniel........ Crying or Very sad
How old was this female? How big is she?
Do you isolated she?
I thing the best thing to do with some preignant Vipers is to isolated them in rack with map heater........But not sure at all it's the cause of this disaster.............

Sorry for this bad new Daniel.............
Back to top Go down
António Pinto

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Bad start on season 2011. *Strong Pictures*   Sat 11 Jun - 8:23

Really sad that Rolling Eyes
It could be much good.
I hope you get more luck with next projects!
Back to top Go down
Hans Bergman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2011-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Bad start on season 2011. *Strong Pictures*   Sat 11 Jun - 8:39

really sad thing with such a nice viper....
was she stressed about something?
Back to top Go down
Henco Nienaber
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Bad start on season 2011. *Strong Pictures*   Sat 11 Jun - 10:31

Im sorry to see this.

It was either from temp flactuations or she might have picked up an "illness" that resulted in her premature birth.

Henco
Back to top Go down
http://www.bergrivier.co.za
Marios Vergetopoulos

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Bad start on season 2011. *Strong Pictures*   Sat 11 Jun - 21:26

my hypothesis to this judging from the pic above is that in one of the 2 undeveloped babies the pink one seems that there is a kind of infection near the cord.this kind of view is normally seen in babies that are underfed prior and post death.
it is common in live bearers to drop babies when something should mean potential death or maternal health issue.they have to decide between life and death.this happens because of the long time of pregnancy as they give birth to live young.egg laying snakes do not normally do this as they carry their eggs from their development for about 2 months and the potential danger appears past laying.

please correct me if i am wrong,

thank you.
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Bad start on season 2011. *Strong Pictures*   Sat 11 Jun - 22:06

Very sorry to hear this Daniel. I have kept a few Vipera, but I never bred them, so I do not have experience with that. But this year, had the first ever deformed Naja sumatrana hatchling in 6 years of breeding them. The clutch of eggs went full term, and there were no temperature spikes, so those were not the problem. The hatchling was alive and pulled itself out of the egg on it's own, but I had cut the egg open. It was the male and females first time breeding. The same male was bred to 4 females and produced 5, 5, 8, and 8 eggs, all with first time breeding females. The 2nd clutch of 5 eggs has hatched with no problems. I know from breeding dogs for many years that if a male is not bred for a long time, his sperm seems to weaken, so we breed him to the female 2 days in a row, before skipping a day and breeding again. Many breeders noticed smaller litters from males that had not been bred in a long time, so I wonder if it is possible that a male snakes first time ever breeding might not have a good shot of sperm.

In your case, I tend to agree with Henco. "temp flactuations or she might have picked up an "illness" that resulted in her premature birth."

Back to top Go down
http://www.venomstreet.com
Brian Petrie
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Bad start on season 2011. *Strong Pictures*   Sun 12 Jun - 18:13

Very sorry for your loss Daniel, how is the female since the birth, does she appear normal?, I agree with Jean-henri, I like to seperate the female after mating. I hope you have better luck for the rest of the year.
All the best,
Brian.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Bad start on season 2011. *Strong Pictures*   Mon 13 Jun - 20:25

Thanks all for your support.

Female looks like one would think after giving birth. Very thin and many skin folds. She is active and move around as normal. Didn't feed the day after birth but that is normal to.

She have been a real feeding monster since i got here about 2,5 years ago.

Male that is with here in the cage is a real calm boy and shouldn't stress here as they hav e plenty of room to move about.

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad start on season 2011. *Strong Pictures*   

Back to top Go down

Bad start on season 2011. *Strong Pictures*
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1